Alternative Workplace Strategies Report
What we once called “alternative”, we now have come to call current and future workplace strategies.
Advanced Workplace Associates (AWA), Global Workplace Analytics, and Haworth Inc., and supported by Workplace Evolutionaries, have conducted the fifth biennial global workplace study. The report has pulled together data from over 130 organisations, meaning what we have found represents over 2.3 million global employees. The results were compared to longitudinal data collected across the four surveys fielded since 2008.
The 2018 survey revealed significant changes in how and where people work.
Significant insights we’ve gained include:
- The worry over a loss in productivity when people are able to work anywhere is entirely unfounded.
- People impacts, rather than cost savings, are now the primary measure of success.
- Internal mobility has more than doubled since 2008; External mobility (working at home, coworking places, outside the office) has remained flat
- Nearly half of employees are still permanently assigned to one space; no change since 2008
- Employee involvement in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of workplace change programs has decreased significantly